Best Replacement Window Options
Replacing your windows is a home-improvement project that requires careful deliberation. To find the perfect replacement windows, you have to consider your budget, your home’s design, and your goals as a homeowner.
Replacement windows come in many shapes and sizes. They are made from a variety of materials with different levels of durability, weather-resistance, and other attributes. All of these factors impact how much your replacement windows will cost.
Below is a list of popular replacement windows and the approximate cost of each:
- Awning Windows – This is a great window for homeowners on a tight budget who seek lots of ventilation. The outward-opening windows typically cost between $90 and $400, depending on materials and finish outs.
- Casement Windows – Another popular option for cost-conscious renovators, a casement window also opens outward and provides lots of ventilation. But they are more expensive than awning windows, with prices ranging from $300 to $1,400
- Double-hung Windows – The most popular type of window installed in American homes, the double-hung window is another budget-friendly option. They are easy to clean and range in price from $150 to $400.
- Sliding Windows – Sliding windows are great for those who want an easy-to-open option that allows for reasonable ventilation. These windows open one side at a time, with prices ranging from $220 to $800 per unit.
- Picture Windows – Homeowners who love sunlight and enjoy seeing the outdoors tend to gravitate toward picture windows. These windows offer significant curb appeal with lots of natural lighting but are more difficult to clean than other
windows because they do not open at all. Prices range between $450 and $900.
- Bay and Bow Windows – Considered two of the most stylish and most expensive window options, bay and bow windows provide a unique architectural feature for homes by protruding from an exterior wall to the outside. Bay windows come with
three different windows grouped together. Bow windows consist of more than three different windows put together in an arch. Costs for these windows range from $1,200 to $3,500 each.
No matter what your replacement window choice is, the best company for the job is Superior Remodelers. For homeowners in Newtown, CT, and the surrounding areas, we have a long list of replacement window options available.
We can also recommend the best window upgrades for your home, based on your budget. To find out what your options are, contact us today at 888-330-8148 and we will be happy to answer your questions.